Sunday, April 29, 2007

A step in the right direction...

I found my shoes! They are a size 10, online in america, and they don't deliver to australia - but I found them!!

These are the shoes I have been imagining and running around Sydney trying to find something even remotely similar.



So, I am thinking that I could get these shoes - have them sent to the ISYS Denver office, as well as the veil I want to buy, and have Denver send them to the ISYS office for me for pick up. If the shoes are too big, by the time I put Foot Jellies on the ball of the shoe, as well as in the heel, they'll probably fit great. If they are too small, I can try and stretch them or something. If they don't work out, I'll sell them (along with the First Dress). I just *love* these shoes so much. My other option is to buy them in white and attempt to dye them the correct colour myself.. not sure if that is a great idea HAHA

And as for the veil... I am in a big dilema. The ebay seller has finally listed it again. I believe it comes in Ivory (am checking now), and it is stunning. The thing is, the ebay seller does not have a perfect reputation... Do I risk it?

The other question is, I am in total love with this veil, it's all sparkly with Swarovski Crystals. The back of the dress is fairly plain, so I thought the crystals would be lovely, though I am wondering if they'll be too much bling...? Should I just be going for a plain and simple veil with a rattail edge?

All thoughts welcomed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the shoes!! As far as the veil, it sounds like it would go perfect with the back of your dress. Good luck!!

Mr B said...

Me too, I love the shoes ! Very wedding-y

Leah said...

I am sure my friend has those in black, the pleats and lace are so familiar. I'll ask her where she got them!

Kristie said...

Leah, an ebay seller was selling them in Australia a while ago - but has no stock and is not planning on getting them again. NO where seems to sell them.

I could get them shipped to AU via the American office of where I work, but that bumps the price up to $60US at least... :( I have been looking at getting a pair of ballroom dance shoes instead. Not as pretty, but easier to get I think... I can always add some feathers to the toes or something.
I might just wait until I have the dress...