Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cephalo-pelvic disproportion

Cephalo-pelvic disproportion is a phrase I hate. TRUE CPD is *very* rare.. very very... (though I admit it does happen)... But it is used as a *reason* for women to get sections. or for OBs to get sections... and women who are told they have CPD often go for further sections because they belive their obs have their best interests in mind. They trust their care providers! They feel their bodies do are not fit to birth a baby naturally!

Women are being set up to fail and it hurts me to know this.

I was told I had CPD and then when an EXPERIENCED OB looked at my charts he said it was a load of bollocks.

2 comments:

casso said...

YOu know about that new legislation in NSW about not allowing C-sections except for real medical reasons? Well I hope that they can actually make that work, because all I could think of was all those dodgy doctors out there saying stuff like that and getting the caesareans booked in for a nice reasonable hour. Grrr...

Kristie said...

yup.. I fully believe that CPD will become the "new term" to get a woman to have the section she wants.. a doc can just say "well, the law says I cannot give you one, but if I say you have CPD, then voila! eviction date booked!"