Friday, April 06, 2007

First Major Countdown milestone.

6 months until our wedding.

That's what my ticker just told me.

6 MONTHS!!

*I need to order the new dress this month- but don't have all the money - need to see if mum will pay for it on the card, and allow me to pay her back in installments!
*I need to book a celebrant.
*I need to find a celelbrant first!
*I need to decide whether to have seating at the ceremony or not (major bone of contention in the house - helpful ideas accepted here ladies!)
*I need to finalise the monogram
*I need to decide if I am having showbags at the ceremony
*I need to work out if I need fans for the ceremony
*We need to work out if we are having a handfasting (I really want this)
*I need to buy shoes before I buy the dress so I can have it made to measure. Thank the heavens I have a fabric sample
*I need to sell my old dress to help buy the new dress
*I need to work out reception decorations for tables and chairs. Need photo of table and chairs from reception venue
*I need to work out what font to use in the invites
*I need to print, make and send the invites
*I need to book hair and makeup trials
*I need to write the ceremony (half done I think)
*I need to find out if my third bridesmaid is definately coming
*I need to send said bridesmaid her dress
*I need to take a breath
*I need to get my brother to make me some love words (once I have worked them out - ladies? suggestions? Love, Admire, Cherish, Dream, etc?)
*I need to make Tara's Dress
*I need to send the photographer's details to Dad
*I need to contact the cake lady again and try and work out whether we can afford her and decide how important the really expensive but pretty cool looking cake is..
*I need to order a cake topper
*I need to decide if I am having and Aisle and who is walking me down it... Dad? Mum? Both? My Dad and My Brother? Should my brother walk my mum down the Isle? (her boyfriend will be playing music for the precessional)...
*I need to find a jeweller who will not screw me around and will make me a ring cheap
*I need to not need so much....!!!!!


Then there are the small things like, how important are wedding favours really? And, how formal or informal do we want to make things...? and Where can I find proper waterproof pararasols that look vintage and are really really cheap?!

I think I might fall over looking at that list. There is a lot more to go on it. I am just feeling nauseous looking at it. I really need to pull my finger out and do some wedding stuff. I've really done nothing for ages!

argh!

And, as a final note... my previous post... Discovered Tara is teething as well as feeling sick... argh. making me feel doubly guilty for not wanting to be touched, but I can't help feeling sick myself!!! :(

3 comments:

Juniper said...

yeah for weddings! Exciting but stressful at the same time! Have fun planning!

Just curious, I have never heard of showbags at wedding receptions - what do you put in them? It has been almost 11yrs since I got married - I think I am a bit out of the loop LOL!

Amanda O. said...

Ohhhhh... so excited for you on this wedding! I never got mine so I'm living vicariously a bit! LOL

Regarding seating... how long is the ceremony going to be? If it's a relatively brief one, standing should be fine but if you've both got long speeches you'd like to make or a lot of involvement in the people responding to statements of support etc. that factors into it a bit.

Post the font you choose for the invites eventually, I'm dying to see what you come up with since you're so creative and I'm a font junkie!

Hey, if you want a pretty-but-not-so-exxy cake, one idea is to look for a cooking school around you. Nic went to William Angliss for cooking but they do baking/cake dec/patiss etc and they have a "student cake shop" where the results are FAB because they're from the advanced students and CHEAP! Might be worth a look?

Wedding favors... nice but not necessary unless you're doing a full out wedding like my uncle did where the castle (yes, really) they rented in Scotland cost more per day than we make per year. If you've got that much money and you don't do favors it's just plain stingey. Otherwise, it's optional. If you do want to do them, you could always do things fairly small scale. IE My uncle (not the castle renter) got a bunch of pretty scented tea candles, printed out labels and little notes on his comp thanking everyone for coming and asking them to burn the candle with love in their hearts so that the joy they felt would be shared. It was years ago, so those aren't the exact words but it was pretty, peresonal and rather romantic and probably not too exxy. Alternately for L's b-day/name day we got little rosemary (for rememberance) plants, put them in pretty little organza bags as favors. They cost something like $1.50 each all up.

Sorry to blather on so much, don't worry, you'll get everything taken care of and it'll all be worth it when you float down the aisle looking stunning! :-) Hope you're feeling better soon!

casso said...

For the seating, we had an outdoor ceremony and had a few rows of seats at the front with the 'oldies' names on a few of them so they were assured a seat cos for them even a 10min ceremony can be too much because they have to stand beforehand to chat to everyone. I think it's nice to offer them the option of sitting. Plus if anyone is pregnant or sick or it's hot then having just a few chairs allows those who feel a little off to rest and enjoy the ceremony rather than curse their uncomfortable shoes and the sun!

Cheers, Cass