Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My eyes are dim... I cannot see...

*singing* I have not brought my specs with me! I.. have.. not.. brought.. my.. specs.. with.. me!

Yup, you heard it folks. My eyes are busted. My left more than my right, and I am actually quite shocked at how much I could NOT see! I have always prided myself on detail and what I can see and pick up.. Oh well. So I need glasses.

About $170 for the lenses with the glare stopper stuff on it - because I have very sensitive eyes that are having further issues than the astigmatism (sp).

If I can find the frames of my other glasses - then it'll be good. if not, at least $130 for frames...

OH said "I guess I better save up for them then"... I sometimes hate being reliant on other people for things... He made me feel very parasitic with that comment. I *know* he could just buy them for me if he really wanted... but he personally does not see the need for me to have to have them just now. He's got similar vision problems and "learned to live with it". "Welcome to My World" is all he said.

I hate money...

I have saved him over $150 or more on nappies/longies/clothes for Tara the last few weeks - and when I really need some money, he makes a big deal of it.. I just feel like shit.

The dizzyspells are not helping.

Oh well.

Maybe if I made up some longies etc and sold them I could buy the glasses myself... $300... about 10 pairs of longies.... mmmmmmm

*sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, glasses are pricey! I found one of those buy one pair get one free when I bought mine- at least then you'd have a spare pair?

and yes, sell those longies- they are brilliant!! :D

Stacey said...

Ah *hugs* not what you need. Not to mention the money you've saved by boobing Tara... and the long term savings of not using disposables... gah. Does he know you're having dizzy spells? Eyesight is a must have to me... just coz he's learned to live with it, doesn't mean you should have to.

Mr B said...

Oh wow thats really expensive ! Maybe if you shop around you can find some cheaper frames,sometimes they have sales on them. I actually bought a cheap pair of glasses from the chemist, and just replaced the glass in them. I think they were $10.