Monday, April 03, 2006

The good, The bad, and the just plain ugly...

The good...

Tara slept FANTASTICALLY last night. Went to sleep in her rocker at around 7 or 7.30pm. And slept. And slept. And slept. I had to carry her upstairs to get her to bed - where I then had to wake her to change her nappy into her night nappy. She was not happy. Crying in her sleep (she refused to wake properly!) so I then gave boobie juice and she was out to the count in under 5 mins. Decided to keep her in the bed with me in her sleeping bag and she just kept sleeping. Occasional booby for 2 min resettles... and a big feed at 7am, only for her to wake up at 8.50am. *boggle* yup. My girlie must have been tired!

The bad...

Tara has nappy rash of some sort. Noticed it last Tuesday and it seems to come and go. It appears to be a contact rash - like she is reacting to her wee/poo. I have not changed what I am eating so not sure what could be causing it. Poor girlie. The Brauers Nappy Rash cream is great - but I am running out of the sample pack I had - so need to find more... My poor girlie.

The ugly...

I thought OH put the washing on last night so that I could have some nappies for today. Nope. We have *barely* any detergant - a washing machine full of dirty nappies, and an appointment to be at in 3 hours. So I used what detergant we had... a squirt of shampoo, filled up the washing machine with the hose to make it fill faster, and am hoping that it will finish in the next 20 mins so I can select a few nappies and put them in the dryer and beg that they are dry for when we go out... ARGH.

Side note...

Longies are finished - except for the embelishments. Spider web added to knee... bat needs to have his ridges added... eep. I am excited! *big kev*

3 comments:

Rae said...

ooh a spiderweb sounds intriguing..

Stacey said...

Ooh you must post pics of longies when done!!

Rash sounds icky... Kira actually reacted to the Brauer's cream so that was fun :/. I love the beauty and the bees botty butter and plenty of nappy free time (though that's a lo harder with a non-mobile bub).

Yay to sleep!

Kristie said...

She gets about 2 hours of Nappy free time a day - if not more...

The cream is working well for her at this stage.. and I have some of the botty butter too!

Longie pics will come as soon as it is done :) I have new brainwave for them too... *grins*