Thursday, June 14, 2007

Map Shmap!

Yesterday I spent the day trying to finalise miniature maps of the town we are having our wedding in. I thought it would be handy for guests since so many of them are from out of town and it is easier to have a palm sized map in one's hand, rather than trying to wrestle with the directory in the car. Besides, being a graphic designer/OCD/Control Freak, it was something quirky to do.

So after doing them all up, amd making them look purdy, I print out my trial and whammo! The "map pins" are in the wrong spot. GAWD I am an idiot. Sure, the guests will not realise that the yellow pin (featuring at 3 mm in height) is 5mm in the wrong spot. Or that the Red pin is on the roundabout instead of in the gardens... BUT I KNOW!

And when you are OCD - it matters. It *really* matters.

At least I can just shift the layers in photoshop, redo the tif file, update the indesign file and press save.

Cheers for technology!

No comments: