Friday, June 22, 2007

Done!

The invitations are done - and ready to be stuffed into an envelope! THere are the info cards to go in yet, and I have to do them yet, but that is ok - I can do that while mum writes all the addresses on.

I have a couple of invites I need to redo, and I don't think I bought enough card - but who knows. I might have enough.

Whoot!

I have to finish getting ready for the trip home to mum's. Lots to do and plan.

We need to Get Tara some gumboots! ANd a rain coat.

I need to finish a fantastic website today ;) It is almost done _ just have to finalise the images. They are talking longer than expected. I cannot wait to launch this site though!!

Brrrrr.. it is soooooo cold! Like really really.

Questions:

If I keep my surname, can I still call myself Mrs Tatton? Even if Ally's surname is different?

If I change my name to be Kristie Kate Tatton Newsurname, would it be odd for Tara to stay as she is (Tara Kate Luke Tatton) if I then get called Mrs Newsurname?

Is it cheap to expect my guests to use their own envelope and stamp for RSVP cards?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think the general convention when retaining your maiden name is to change from Miss Kristie Tatton to Ms Kristie Tatton.

When Mum remarried, my brother and I retained our surname (Parker), even though Mum took our stepdad's name (Horton). It caused a bit of minor confusion, but it's more common for parents and children to have different surnames these days. Shouldn't be an issue.

As for RSVPs - I was a cheap bastard and let the guests cover the cost of an envelope and stamp. It's not considered impolite. :)

Marieke said...

I kept my maiden name, I guess it makes me Ms.

I'd only really use Mrs. if I was using Prez's last name, being that I feel that it has specific bearing on being the wife of the person with that last name.

That said, to some idiots who call the house I do respond to Mrs. Elder, even though technically (legally?) I'm not.

Marieke said...

Oh, and Dashiell has PreZ's last name, but then we were already married when he was born, which may make a difference.

Prez also doesn't like double barrel last names, and I wasn't particularly fussed at him having my last name or not.

In this day and age of blended families and where the tradition of women taking on the man's name is fading, people can just get used to it, lol.