Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dreaming!

I had a VERY vivid dream last night. Very. Very very.

I was pregnant and I was out. I believe Ally had to have had Tara with him. I was with friends. General women friends. We were at a restaurant and I was mulling around in all my full-term-glory.

After what I felt as "pressure" in the dream... I had a baby. A tiny newborn, naked against my chest. Whispy strawberry blond thick hair. I knew I had just given birth. It was a girl. She was brought to my chest and I just smelled her. Nestled her. A no fuss, easy going labour.

In the restaurant people were offended by the babe's nakedness. We were wrapped in a hospital blanket. The white waffle weave ones. It was toasty warm from the heaters.

People kept asking me about the birth. "It was fine. It was easy. It must have been so, I have forgotten it already. It was beautiful" These were responses. But the main one I kept repeating was that it was so good, it's a blur, it's forgotten.

I walked outside onto the front porch, and I was back home in the house I grew up in. Across the road at the shop (though perspective is off in the dream and I would have had to have been on the outside path of the pub!), a lady was across the street - someone from Ally's work who is newly pregnant).... she called out... "What did you have!" "A girl!" "wonderful!" as she jumped into the car.

Everyone kept asking what we called her. She was called the name we have picked. Very vividly I kept repeating her name. Over and over. We had our little girl.

Ally came up with Tara, and they both wrapped arms around me and the new baby.

No comments: