Thursday, May 31, 2007

Teen Fit Camp

I just watched this and felt slapped in the face. Why? Because the guy (declaring love to the girls) was me. Can sometimes still be me.

I used to jump into telling people I loved them, that I wanted to be with them because I felt no real emotion. I ate for emotion. Food was my feelings. So I would confuse friendship with love. Then I would grasp at straws to have them declare love for me because it would mean I was worth something.

More often than not I was paid with pity. Occasionally a quick fuck, and then pity. Or embarrassment. Or worse, disdain and hatred.

That was my life. In some respects, I think it still is. My self confidence became non existant because it relied on how I felt through my appearance. Now I have almost become nonchalant about it.

I am to be a bride in 4 months and 1 week. I'm going to be a size 18 as I doubt I will loose much weight before then. Do I want to? Hell yes. Why won't I? because I can't - no, won't put in the effort. I don't FEEL much any more. I feel "whatever" about being fat. I got used to it. I just don't buy clothes. I just don't look in the mirror. I don't have my photo taken because I hate who I am in any of the above circumstances.

People would comment on how being a mother really suits me. But those comments stopped when the weight came on again. I got down to 70kg just after Tara was born. I liked how I looked. But then it came back on - even with all the walking I do, and the healthier food I eat.

I wish I cared. But frankly, no one really cares about it around me either. Ally tells me if it worries me, then do something. I would love to go to the gym! Will he pay the money for me to go? Would he go with me? Is their a creche? There are always reasons not to, excuses.

My life is full of excuses. To be honest, I just don't think I love myself enough to put the effort in. It is pathetic, I know. But that is just how I guess it is. I am once again the back seat passenger (I have spoken about being backseat with Tara's birth). That's just me. I need someone to take the lead - to show me. Force me. Help me.

So while I watch Teen Fit Camp and feel for the lad jumping from girl to girl, knowing that was me, I will cry for him. I will cry for me. And I'll be content to be the fat bride walking down the Aisle.

5 comments:

Mr B said...

Oh ((Hugs)) Kristie.

Stacey said...

I can definitely relate to emotional eating... I haven't had too many struggles with weight over the years (I *did* have some though) but I can totally relate to the self-worth and wanting people to love you no matter what. *sigh* I hope that you can see what a beautiful person you are though, inside and out. YOu only have to look at Tara to see her mummy is special ;).

casso said...

Oh Kristie, I'm so sorry you feel that way about yourself. :o( I also need to get back into shape, and I know how hard it is. This age is hard too because Harry won't be still on her trike for long enough and she's only eating about a quarter of whatever food I put out (because occasionally she will surprise me and eat a ton) so I have stacked on about five kilos recently. It's also this time of year though, the colder weather rolling in and hot chocolate a damn necessity most nights.

Let me know if there's something I can do to help. Haven't seen you and Miss Tara in ages. :o(

Love Cass

Leah said...

I just watched it this morning and remembered your post - it was hard watching that young man, he desperately needs something of real sustenance and substance as we all do.


I am sure you are going to be beautiful on your wedding day and you will be loved, not only by Ally but by everyone who's coming there to share the day with you.

greendraggon said...

Hey you. I haven't read your blog in ages & I don't usually leave comments but I had to on this one.
Firstly a big hug to you. You are truly a beautiful Mama & Meri and I are proud to have you in our lives.
Secondly, motherhood really DOES suit you. Thirdly, size 18 is just not particularly fat in my opinion.
xx
Jade
http://merismama.blogspot.com/