Sunday, May 20, 2007

Close your eyes quick - it's another wedding post!




Yes yes... I know you are probably sick of it. But blogger is my outlet!

So, as I promised my little sister I would do a post on Boutoniers/Bouttonieres/Buttonholes/Corsages, I thought I had better make good and cough up the post.

So, here is a pic of lots of different ones that I really like - and could get inspiration from quite a few of them. SOrry about the quality of the picture, I did not want it to be too big for you all...

I love the green used in the little dodgy pic on the right.
I love the top two on the right side
I love the calla lily with the vine spiraling around it
I love calla lilies fullstop.
I love phalaenopsis orchids (no pics)
I love singapore orchids too (no pics)

I am aiming for white/burgundy colours. I think I want my bridesmaids to have white posies of singapore orchids.

I want mum and yvonne to have corsages, a little more extravangant than the others. I want David and Dad to wear them, maybe Hayley and Steve. Ally is refusing. But he is the groom so that's his call.

My dress will arrive at the end of June.

I want my mum and my auntie kate to do readings. I think I know which ones. Mum reading a John Shaw Nielson poem, Love's Coming. JSN was one of Bill's favourite poets. I also did that poem as a study in year twelve. It reminds me of home. of Bethany. Of old times. I get a good feeling from it.

Aunty Kate I want to read the Apache Wedding Blessing at the end of the ceremony to conclude the service. I think Ally would really love to have Kate do that. We will ask her when we visit.

Anyone reading this blog, want to do a reading? hahah!

I really really really need to do a to do list and a done list. I need to stick it on the wall and cross things off the to do list... a big one so that Ally can see it too.

I have to make appointments with the celebrants.

I need to get my birth certificate from Melbourne.

I need to do a lot of things!!!

Maybe I just need to go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! now i have an idea of what your after. will get a couple done for you to look at.

Leah said...

despite never wanting a wedding for myself i am really enjoying watching your planning, so please keep blogging anything inconsequential!! :) The pretties, I loike 'em! :)

Michelle said...

#3 is purdy. And leah is right - hearing about all of the little details is heaps of fun. :)