Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's a piece for the center.



Oooh.. it is a big picture! but I needed the extra detail! Here are a few pictures I have collected from the wedding forum, and also from google images.

Now, I love most of these for one reason or another... But Ally is not a floraly person! Our tables are big round ones - so I am trying to think what will look good, but not be lost on the table. I also want people to be able to talk fairly freely. That's why a huge bunch of flowers in the middle of the table will not be good.... though something in tall vases would be ok (except for the whole, Ally not liking flowers thing).

So...does anyone have any other ideas?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I really like the lantern and the top left one. Minimal is good ;).

Michelle said...

Candles are great, provided you don't have any pyromaniacs attending... we had an almost-mishap at our reception due to a windy night + a guest who was enjoying playing with fire.

The metal lantern/glass hurricane lantern would be a good idea, methinks. And a lack of floral arrangements would mollify the lad. :P

Leah said...

no goldfish!! LOL I used to see that suggested as a centerpiece and I for one would be put off my food by fishies swimming in front of me :)

Several of those remind me of the pieces at my brother's wedding, must be the twiggy things - anyway they were in very tall vases and the arrangement was sparse so it didn't feel like you were sitting under something huge, plus they looked pretty elegant and not too feminine :)

The lanterns are gorgeous, I like them a lot as well.