Saturday, May 26, 2007

A feast for the eyes!

The cake is a very important part of the reception. It's desert!!

Imagine a white and chocolate marble mudcake with something like this...



Now, I think we will have black ribbon around the bottom layer of the three tiers. Not sure about flowers/toppers/whatever yet. I am quite taken by the slabs of white chocolate on the bottom image. Kinda funky and different. But I love the floatiness of the other swirls.

I just love the chocolate coloured cake - look at all that Lindt!!! Yummo!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

#1 and #3 are reminiscent of the palace in The Neverending Story. Yummo.

casso said...

I like #2, so pretty! Plus I think it would look great with the black ribbon as well.

Amanda O. said...

Very pretty! (And ohhh... Lindt... I'm your willing slave!)

I think number 3 is my fav. It looks like a fairy-cake, all delicate and whispy! I like the big white choc slabs as well... I had one like that except it had choc swirlies (ours was tiramisu cake inside the slabs... num!) but I found it actually kind of hard to cut? Maybe we didn't have the right cake cutter for it though? (And can I just say, lindt... yum... *drool*)

Stacey said...

3 is my fave. If it had dark accents instead of the pink flowers it would look SO dramatic and striking (and I daresay a bit goth lol!!)

Mr B said...

I like Number 2. But yummm I could go for a slice of number 4 right now.