Thursday, February 07, 2008

Birthing Dreams

It would be no surprise to some of my readers (all 4 of you!) that I sometimes have very vivid birthing dreams. Well, I had another one the other night and it was the most beautiful dream.

I thought I would share it with you.

------------

We are in the car, overseas somewhere because we are driving on the wrong side of the road. It is a freeway, but as I look out the window there is no traffic on the left side of the road coming towards us. The right side of the road was packed however and traffic was moving very slowly. Horns were blowing, people were cursing and there was anger floating like smog over our heads. I looked down the road and saw there was a lady walking towards us down the center of the freeway.

I got out of the car and walked towards her. She was a beautiful indian lady dressed in a sari of earthy tones. She would have been about 30, however she had grooves and wrinkles and lines across her face from the life she'd already walked. She'd had a hard life - she was beautiful, full of character and experience. We came face to face and I asked her what the trouble was. She said she did not know. I watched her face grimace. You are in labour, I told her. She reached for me with the next contraction and we knelt down on the ground together. We sat their silently. The traffic was still banked up and there was still abuse streaming around us. Her contractions were coming so thick and fast, but she barely made a sound.

Suddenly she looked into my eyes - deeply with her beautiful black pools and we were connected, and we were locked together. She reached for my hands and our fingers interlocked. She was kneeling up high, and pulling on my hands. I was pulling back to give her counter-action. Suddenly her sari stared moving. I reached down and felt under her robe and found the baby had been birthed. I grabbed the woman's hands and helped her lift up her baby. A chortling gurgle came from the child as it was place against her mother. You have a baby girl, I said. She looked at her daughter and the air suddenly felt clear. The traffic started moving, the sun came out and the little girl nuzzled for her mother's breast.

She looked at me and said thank you before using my shoulder as a balance to stand. She bowed her head in thanks and slowly walked down the road with her baby.

---------------------

So that was it. I woke up here, or at least cannot remember any more.

Does anyone care to decipher it for me? I have my own theories on it, which I will share in another post - but I want to hear if anyone else can read into this beautiful magical dream

3 comments:

Kahlee said...

I think you will find you have more readers than you think!!

xoxo

Caryn said...

WOW!! Now that's a dream I'd love to have, but alas, I'm not as gifted!
No deciphering here--but if we ever find ourselves with child in Sydney, AU, I'm DEFINITELY looking you up as my doula!
Very cool.....very cool.

Nicole D said...

Hmmm.. my dh and I are firm believers in the scripting of dreams.

My thoughts:

Traffic - obviously, traffic being stress and worldly pulls/anxieties - your life because you are traveling in this traffic, so it is part of you...

She is traveling toward you, on the side with no traffic - freedom from those barriers/hindrances....

It (the traffic) is broken up by the birth - this woman who you will have in your future will give YOU a healing birth...

She was traveling in wide open freedom - she brings this to you. In the same vein, you had to get out of your vehicle to meet with her - she will force you to get out of your comfort zone and walk with her/to her... unconventional ways of working perhaps??? New ideas?

Not sure... what are your thoughts?