Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's not working!

OK, so I thought I would jump on the Blogrolling Bandwagon. It always looked great on other blogs, so I figured it was a pretty good idea - I mean, keeping track of blogs because they have actually updated, rather than just clicking every blog I know seemed like good sense.

Well I just discovered that it's not working! over half of the blogs in my blogroll have updated and BR did not tell me! How rude!

So, what I want to know, is there a special "thing" I was supposed to do and have not done? Did I forget to click a box, or are these blogs different some how? does it not work with LiveJournal or Private/invite only blogs? What about all the others that updated and I have not been notified?

I really need to update my web knowledge!

4 comments:

Leah said...

nope, blogroll is as dodgy as!

I follow blogs two ways, one using bloglines and rss feeds, and I also have a folder in the bookmarks and I click "Open in all tabs" and all the mama blogs open up - which is useful when bloglines hasn't caught up and for the passworded ones :)

that's why i deleted blogrolls off my sidebar cause I found more useful ways of doing it - the only benefit to blogrolls as I see it is it is perhaps simpler to edit at their webpage than a list of links in your blog - but not my much.

Kristie said...

I sooo need to learn more about RSS feeds and bloglines.

Someone do a Post on RSS for dummies for me :D

Leah said...

hehehe well it's not complicated really, you'll work it out as soon as you have a squizz. Start by setting up an account at bloglines (there are others but that's the one I'm familar with) and start subscribing by the little orange boxy thing in the address bar on most blogs and many other kind of sites, like many forums and weather and even shops!

There are usually options for subscribing to the whole blog or particular posts or sections, just watch carefully what you are subbing to to make sure you're getting what you want. Then you can either remember to visit bloglines when u want to read, or you can install bloglines notifier that tells you when a new feed is in, it sits in the taskbar tray thingy, forgot what it's called!

Kristie said...

Thanks hon!