Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby, you're dreaming.

I had a baby dream last night. Baby dreams are always so vivid to me. This one though. This one was REAL. I could feel it Real. Wishful thinking I guess.

I was in a public space. Not sure where. I was wearing soft flowing clothes. I was pregnant. And I was in labour. There were people around who did not believe I was in labour though and I just went along doing my thing. I had a few painless contractions and I felt my baby drop. My baby was coming soon. A few more contractions and I felt down between my legs and could feel the head. I started breathing through my contractions. I breathed my baby down and just let my body do the work. The head came through and I remember taking time to just sit and relax. Then a contraction came and WHOOSH...... the body came down and I lifted the baby onto my chest. It was a girl. And she was Big. I don't know the size but she was big in my arms, and had a very moon-like face. She just looked at me. Her name was hers before she was born, and it was very much her after she was born. I held her, and she snuggled in under my chin.

The birth was exceptionally BORING. Just plain and simple and "nothing to write home about" (am sure that phrase was said in my dream...)

I can't remember the rest of the details. I know there was lots more. But they are the bits that stood out.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Births are never boring ;). The beautiful baby at the end makes sure of that! But definitely give me a non-dramatic birth anyday!!

I've been having baby dreams too, maybe they are for you!!??