Monday, October 02, 2006

Spring Holidays

So, I am on holidays at the moment. We are at mum's place in vic and it is just so wonderful.

We went to Melbourne on Tuesday and stayed in a Motel/Suite on Swanson street for two nights. We visited the show on the Wednesday and had a great time. Caught up with the Aussie Rat mob, as well as Studio Sebastian - that was great.

Mum fell in love with the Tonkinese kitties - having lost willow earlier this year. Tonkas are what siamese *used* to look like before they made them into the disney look-alikes from Lady and the Tramp.

I decided to be antisocial and not catch up with anyone this time - we had a serious lack of time and I did not want to feel pulled or dragged around trying to catch up with everyone. We will be back in January and hope to catch the AB group as well as Lisa and Andrew ;) Heads up all...

We visited the museum, and got in some shopping. I got a new pair of jeans that are just wonderful and lovely. As well as a new top thanks to mum.

Tara has had a ball. Like Laurent - she had her photo taken with a lamb at the show - will upload pics at some stage. She also pulled the ears on the calf in the petting zoo haha.

Got half way to melbourne on the train to realise the ergo and my slings were left in the car - so first stop in melbourne was Lincraft to buy some fabric. 2.5m with a knot tied makes a great sling LOL. And now I have some funky fabric haha.

We saw the AFL grandfinal parade. On friday there appeared to only be W.C supporters in the crowd. The Sydney groups must have all just overnighted it because the MCG looked half and half on TV. What a great game! shame about the score!

Yesterday we went to the Colraine Races. Got dressed up a little and had a few to drink LOL. Tara has taken to not feeding much during the day so I knew I was fairly safe (and hoped any alcohol would knock her out haha!) They gave us free champers and stuff while there, and had a small flutter on the horsies on one race - and won all my money back plus a dollar. Yay Me!

Tara has been having a ball of a time. She is climbing up on everything an is really enjoying herself. She is charming everyone she meets which is really sweet too. She now has six teeth through LOL. I hope we have a bit of a break because the last two sucked. She's loving her food and just amazing me (and everyone else) every day.

Dealing with family has been ok. The troubles before coming down have yet to be mentioned and I am just biding time I think. I dunno. I'm not too worried though.

Brother and Sister have both been a bit snappy with everyone. Brother because he is a 20 year old with testosterone and attitude and realistically need someone to drop him. Not that I condone violence of any sort, really.... but he really needs to be put in his place. He's had a right shitty time with life, I know, but that is no way to treat everyone around you.

Sister has been snappy too - but she's, one... a little fragile... two... decided to give up the smokes.... argh. sleep deprivation, toothache and giving up smoking?!

After our trip to Melbourne I would *so* love to move there. Be hard convincing Ally. He says maybe in a couple years... well, I don't really want to have to uproot Tara much in her life.. I'd prefer to find a place and settle down. I'd really like to be settled by the time she is 4 and really, not sure if Ally will be ready to move then. Who knows. I know I am finding a place in Sydney at the moment, though I know we are looking at moving from where we are anyways... I just - it feels so much warmer and welcoming down here. We'd be closer to family - could visit my auntie, my mum, friends... easily....

Argh. I should not think about it though because I'll just get my hopes up and then get all upset about it.

Hoping to see my best friend this week. I have a feeling seeing her is going to make me want to be down here even more.

arghie arghie arghie.

Anyways... should go do something before girl wakes and I become a mum for the day LOL

1 comment:

No one said...

I found Melbourne to be somewhat friendlier than Sydney, but maybe it was just that I was older when I moved here, and more outgoing and less self-conscious myself, who knows... Sounds like you had a very busy time here, trying to meet up with people would have been too much!