Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ebay... *drool*

Argh. I should NOT look at ebay because I always see things that I want.

I *sooooo* want this dress. and it is so cheap! Just think how cute Tara would look in this for her birthday, or even better christmas morning with the red... add a pair of wings... *yes, I am obsessive*

Then of course there is this pendant here. As much as I don't really like Amber - polished amber with a dragonfly in it is awesome. I would love to give that to tara for her first birthday - have it mounted in silver, and keep it in a special place while she grows.

argh!

Must not look at ebay.

In other news - we are having a party for Tara's birthday. At a cheesy Mexican restaurant. Hehe. I have *booked* it already and *booked* the highchairs LOL. Now that I am in party mode I need to work on some things. I was thinking of cupcakes for cakeage... but I want sugared Dragonflies to top them. Can't find them anywhere. I can find basic sugar tops in the supermarket, but other kiddies had them at their party on the weekend.... don't want to be a copy cat - I want to be original. So was thinking about having cupcake mushrooms with red tops and white spots... or maybe just a big normal cake with a dragonfly on the top (I have a dragonfly I could use - got it at the Melbourne show)...

argh..decisions decisions... so much to think about.

Then there is the guest list. Argh. I am going to make sure I invite anyone and everyone - cause then no one can be pissed off if they never got the invite! ;) don't care who comes LOL as they'll be paying for their own meals (yeah, I am a stingy bitch! but last time I spent money on a party - my blessingway - no one turned up really - a few key people did - but not many!)... so we might buy a few extra jugs of sangria... ;) and we will provide cake (though Iain sounds keen to bake!)... too much to think about.. too much too much! anyone want to impart wisdom?

2 comments:

Rae said...

Cupcake mushrooms with dragonflys!!!!
Love it love it love it!

Parties are so in the creative details I think. Ooh have fun! Sounds like you have plenty of ideas. ;)

Amanda O. said...

Have no idea what sugared dragonflies look like but I'd expect you could probably pipe some yourself with royal icing or fondant? Have fun with her party, sounds like it's going to be a blast! I'm going to be stalking your blog to see what other fun ideas you come up with now you know?! LOL