Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Friday Night Party Shennannigans

Friday Night I cooked dinner for family and my best friend (and her bf).

I made a chicken pasta/lasagne type thingo served with garlic bread. Apple Crumble and Lemon Tart were desert.

Alcohol freely flowed.

The talk was loud, the mood jovial, though tinted with a whiff of desperate longing, and sprinkling of dread - Saturday we we leaving.

The night revolved around very, VERY loud conversation reminiscing about bygone days. Of Drunken nights pashing boys, of getting sloshed, of best friends.

here are a few snippets of conversation...

"...oh and E went up to the trees to pee and sat on a stinging nettle!"

"...there was no point trying to hide the hickies from you mum - I had six!"

"...and they set the hay bales on fire... and Bill just had to look at them before they took off... and mum got them with the hose!"

"... you really should have let her head go R. ... slamming it on the concrete is not the way to show sisterly love"

"... my god he was a good kisser! But he got around. We all had a piece of him!"

"...I said to him congratulations on the wedding - next you'll be popping kids... he said 'Don't fucking talk to me about no kids'. E then ran up to me telling me K (the wife) was pregnant and overjoyed!"

"... you drank the bottle of home made sambuca while I was on the phone... (It was nice!)... it was a 2 lt bottle!"

"... we only had friends because you took pity on us"

"... at least I used to put money IN the till when I stole cigs. Everyone else just took the damn things"

"... she dropped the bottle of Black Douglas on the floor and they proceeded to start licking the slate. Next we hear 'I need a straw!'... so much for mothers being role models on responsible drinking!"

"... mum's kinda known for dancing on the tables at functions when she has drunk too much"

"... so... you dated him, then he dated C, then he dated E, then S, then you again. You were together for ages, then C and he got together - Then you stole him back - then she went and got A because you had left him. Hell - you and C shared a lot of boyfriends!"

"... was that the time we came back to the tents to find guys in them? We used them for a night then shifted the tents the next day"

"... he can't help that his mother is a professional"

"...when you can grow a fuller beard at the age of 14 than your teachers - you get special treatment!"


I could go on and on and on... but that paints a bit of a picture about my life and my sister and friend back home...

It was fun reminiscing about those days. More than anything it shows time and time again that my friendship with R back home is just as it was when I left. It's made me long for being back home. Wanting to be with them. To have THAT sort of friendship that is endless and boundless... I love her like family.

For those of you who are loyal blog readers, and know about my wedding predicament (ie: the lack there of and hell freezing over), She will be my Maid of Honour. As I said. Hell and all that.

I miss them all already.

1 comment:

Mr B said...

ROFL @ some of those comments. Sounds like a lovely fun evening :-)