Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bare with me while I grovel

Please forgive me! I've been a slack blogger. I've just had zero inspiration to blog at the moment. Life has been busy, hectic, crazy, weird.

So. I have LOTS to catch up on.

First - I have been Tagged....

Seven random facts

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Now, pretty much everyone I know has been tagged - so if you read this thread and have NOT been tagged, consider yourself so. Leave me a post to tell me, and I'll come visit! :)

1. I have developed a fear of balloons. Helium ones specifically, but not exclusively. And it's only if they are rubbing near my ears. I freak out. Start hyperventilating almost. Sweat. Want to run away. Thank you Westfield Shopping Centre for providing my child with the balloon to start this fear.

2. I still dream in Danish often. But have to try and translate when I wake up. really weird. (I lived in Denmark for a year in 1997)

3. I have had surgery 3 times in my life.

4. Some days I wish I was uber Hippy. Others I wish I was just uber hip. I have bad sense in clothes, shoes and how to carry myself eloquently. I admire women who can be both hippy and hip/mainstream without much effort in their looks. And yes, my looks are important to me, don't shoot me.

5. I am a shopaholic with no boundaries with spending. I have no idea how to do it. Never worked it out. I struggle big time. If there is money there it burns a hole in my pocket, so I try not to have it. At the same time I loath the fact I cannot just go into a store and buy something because it is there. Money is one of my worst enemies. Myself is one of the other enemies.

6. I long for old friendships - even if they were toxic and bad for me. I reminisce about days-of-old, what we used to do, where we could have gone with the friendships. I mourn some of these often. Though at times, I am so glad these are out of my life.

7. I long to have my own car. Or a bike trailer. Though would need to get my bike out of the store room. Maybe I could try that today.
------------------

Ok... so that catch up is done.

next. Tara had the pox. It was not too bad, all things considered. Unless you take into account the worry and stress and self loathing I placed on myself for potentially infecting a tonne of people at the park because I mis-read some information I was given. So so so sorry still.

She got most of the spots on her face and her back left shoulder. They are all healed now, and barely a scab is left. Here is a photo to show the spots! (all the other photos are blurry. My "new" camera sucks!)

Photobucket

While we are talking about Tara... She's completely in knickers now - even for bed. Big yay! (not photo with knickers). Though most of the time she is naked from the waist down...

Photobucket

Here is a random photo of Tara over christmas holidays at nanna's house.

Photobucket

When we realised Tara had chickenpox we made a very quick trip down to the pet store and we bought some new residents for our house. We set the tank up in her room (we had the tank already - it just needed fish!) We have had one fatality, but the rest are doing fantastically! No names. They are just "Fiss!"

Photobucket


In other news, I am thinking about getting my nose pierced. Though I think about this at least once a year, so don't put much weight into it yet!

I am studying and reading lots at the moment. Still have not sent my ABA stuff in. I should print off the stuff today.

I have been doing OK on my domestic Goddess Challenge. I managed to clean my desk! *gasp!*

Here is a before (don't throw up or ridicule me! it takes a lot for me to show this!!)

Photobucket

and here is the after!

Photobucket

I am so VERY proud of myself! I have even catalogued my birth library of books! I have a program on my computer called eLibPro, as well as a program online LibraryThing - my list. I really love having all the details quickly available. Will be good for people to look at and borrow should they wish! :) I need to start collecting some more books though.. :) haha.

Talking of books, I am selling some. Anyone want a book on Cavaliers, Bonsai or weddings? I have a few self help books as well.

OK. I am going to publish this post and have a think about other things I need to inform the world about! for now, I'll sign off. mwah!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Finally! I thought your blog had eaten you LOL!!

Your desk looks fkn great! You should be damn proud of yourself, I build up piles like that too and it takes forever to clean them up, much less organise! YAY you!

Tara is looking so grown up and I LOVE her hair! She's still uber gorgeous :D!

Girly-Girl said...

Well done on cleaning your desk....you're truly a domestic goddess!

Gwen.xx

Amanda O. said...

I'm on a roll tonight... yay for clean desks, I'll have to go clean mine so it looks half so nice! LOL

Mostly I can't believe how big and adoooorrrrabbbllleee Tara is looking - how precious is she with the butterfly in her hand! Even with the chicken pox, poor little! Hope she's 100% by now!