Monday, March 17, 2008

As blue as the loo.

You know that blue colour? The one they put in loos? The Cake is almost black, but when water touches it, the water turns a rich and beautiful cyan colour? (let's forget for a moment just how scary a blu loo can be!). Well, I am living in the blue colour at the moment.

A small "cake" of high grade, very special watercolour paint fell out of the palette (thank's to unsupervised toddler and a busy mama) and landed on our floor and broke. No problem. Child stomped on it. No problem. I picked it up and dusted a little. Then I grabbed a damp cloth.

You can see where this is going, can't you?

As soon as the water touched the watercolour paint crumbs the floor turned cyan. Thank goodness for floorboards! However, the crumbs managed to get INTO THE CRACKS! Fabulous. Not to mention the fact that a few feet had already trodden crumbs around the house.

Well, now we have blue everywhere. Feet are blue, socks are blue, floors are blue, the bath is blue, fingers are blue, dogs paws are blue, even tara's wee appears to be blue (I am guessing from sitting in crumbs?)

Now, it's not as if I have not cleaned up. Mopping just makes the floor bluer. Vaccuuming does not work because the crumbs have melted (with the water from the cloth) into the floor. Sweeping just spreads the blue bits everywhere. These blue bits are SMALLER THAN A PIN HEAD! and stain everything (remember, high grade artist watercolour!).

ARGH

I am so over Blue!

4 comments:

Mr B said...

hehehee :-)

Rae said...

oh dear!

Amanda O. said...

Oh dear... I know I shouldn't laugh. Murphy will whisper in La's ears about what havock he might cause with the watercolour tins on my shelf... although I'm sure my house would be ten shades of green rather than blue... but I just can't help it! *giggles and looks paranoidly for Murphy*

Amanda O. said...

Well I'll be... google really does know everything!

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-watercolor-paint-stains.htm