Saturday, August 11, 2007

Steps towards a VBAC.

I have been doing some thinking the last 24 hours and I think if I want to have a VBAC I need to actively start working towards it now. So I am starting a list of things i need to do before I birth (not necessarily before I conceive).

These are in no order! just as I think of them

1. Get my hospital records.
2. Join Homebirth Access Sydney.
3. Read Spiritual Midwifery.
4. Find a naturopath/homeopath/osteopath
5. Talk to my GP about shared care (if that is an option)
6. Believe in myself totally
7. Surround myself with people who will listen to my thoughts as I purge them (and not criticise me for thinking them)
8. Keep the house TIDY and CLEAN
9. Read my midwifery Manual
10. Find a doula who will support me from the start (or before) - maybe a friend?
11. Learn to listen to my heart
12. Get fit
13. Pre-natal Yoga once pregnant
14. Talk to Independent Midwives and Homebirth Midwives (Work through Tara's Birth)
15. Read. Read. Read.
16. Work with Ally in the Pregnancy Process - I am not alone. It is our Journey.
17. Learn from others before me. Listen to their stories.
18. Work for my birth - not the birth I expect others to expect of me.
19. Monitor my fertility and track it (www.mycycle.com)
20. Join the Maternity Coalition

If I can do most of these things with my full heart, and believe I can, then I am on the road to my VBAC.

No comments: