Saturday, August 25, 2007

Retail Therapy

I had to get some makeup stuff for the wedding today.

I had a look at David Jones and then went and had a look at Priceline. I knew the colour I wanted, but I thought I would test some more out.

After about an hour or so in Priceline I bought a lippy, mascara, some cheap eye shadow, a hair rinse and a hair colour.

I walked out and two seconds walk around the corner found a makeup store selling the EXACT SAME LIPSTICK for - get this - A THIRD of the price!!! I almost cried. They also had mascara - not the one I wanted, but same brand just different type. So I went back to Priceline, returned the makeup I just bought and went to the discount store and bought the following (with the money back from priceline!)

*Max Factor Lipfinity 10 hours colour stay - Desire
*Max Factor Lipfinity 10 hours colour stay - FLamboyant
*Maybelline Sky High Curves - soft black
*Loreal Crystal Infinite - Gold Dust
*Jordana Easy Liner - Black
*Jordana INcolour eyeshadow - Storm Watch
*Fake Toenails
*Glue
(and from priceline)
*castings creme gloss - medium brown
*Live Colour - Chocolate
*SAX cosmetics Stay On Colour Stick - Wine Kiss
*SAX eyes - Pear White


All for under $80.

Not bad huh?

2 comments:

Mr B said...

Groovy :-) Where is this shop ?

Marieke said...

If I can recommend a few cosmetics, I would definitely recommend some of the primer items that MAC cosmetics sell.

It's definitely not cheap, but it does make your make up last.

Their eye primer made my eyeshadow stay put for an entire day, without it all running into the creases like will often happen after a while. (You know, that lovely middle of the club night greasy crease wilted crack whore look, lol).

So, for the sake of make-up longevity on an important day, it's worth checking out. I know it's availible in AU. They have their own stores over here, but are also sold in higher end department stores as well, so your David Jones or Grace Bros. will likely stock it. Otherwise, there's http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/