Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tara's Story

Well, it's taken a while, but it is done. I cannot believe it is finished. I thought I would never get through it.

There are bound to be spelling mistakes, mistakes in time, mistakes in a few details.. but it is there and done.

If anyone would like to read it...

http://kristie.su.com.au/tara/birth/

It is *very* long (14 pages in word...) so maybe a cuppa is in order before you start?

Please feel free to leave comments here, or to email them to me... I would really value some other people's imput.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ah babe I'm in tears. What a traumatic ride :(. I can relate to a lot of your thoughts, but you definitely did NOT fail step one as a mother. YOu were put through an ordeal that the majority of mums don't go through and you came through with flying colours... Tara was always first in your thoughts, that is SO clear, and she is lucky to have a mum like you. I so wish I had been close enough to help, I had no idea it was that bad :(. *hugs* There aren't enough words to express my feelings so I'll leave it at that, just adding I think you're an amazing woman and I love you. I know we don't chat as much as we used to but I think about you heaps. *huggle*

Unknown said...

Oh Kristie...for the first time in months I was crying from something other then pregnancy hormones!
That story touched me in a way I never thought it would! My birth experiences have been nothing like yours, and I truly am in awe of your strength as a person and as a mother! I would have caved so easily!
I'm so proud of what you have done for your little girl and yourself, and it is truly and honour to know and work with you!
(((HUGS)))

Iain said...

I had no idea that your birth was so traumatic, I glad you both made it so that Tara could blow bubbles at me whilst rolling on my office floor (which made me happy in a very sad time for me).
We should do lunch soon.