Monday, January 07, 2008

Tara is sick, take two.

Ok, so I mentioned the other day that Tara was a bit fever-ridden. Well it got worse over night and her temp was high - she was roasting in my arms! This morning she still had not drunk much or anything, so we booked an appointment with the Dr, just in case.

She was pretty well dehydrated, but ate a little this morning. Good sign. By the time we got to the Dr she was perky, but then she cracked the sides of her lips and started screaming again. Ouch.

we FINALLY got to see a doctor who, in 10 mins gave her the once over, and told us she "has a non-specific virus" with a "non-descript rash" that "should clear up soon".

That will be $50 thanks.

I know that we went there for a bit of piece-of-mind, but that was annoying. She's been clingy and such all afternoon and tonight has not let me go. And screams owie lots. Her skin is sore to the touch - or just sensitive I guess.

She at least drank tonight. And asked for more. Big step forward. And she finally weed this afternoon - 10.5 hours after her earlier wee. I hope she wees overnight. I cannot believe I am willing her to wee in her nappy. Though I would not mind her waking me to go wees.

I just want to sleep. Or have a shoulder massage, then sleep.

Argh.

1 comment:

casso said...

You have to walk in, give a professional-sounding history, look them straight in the eye and never say 'um'. :o) That's the only way I've ever had human doctors give me any sort of respect.

So glad to hear that she's on the mend. You're surrounded by family, shoulder massages should be on offer *constantly*. Plus you're a newlywed, they should be nightly too *wink*.