Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yesterday we were at Bark in the Park in Surry Hills. Tara, Mika and I went down and had a blast.

So as Tara settled in to being comfortable with all the people there, she attached herself to a few choice people and their pooches. When I was trying to get her to leave I discovered her on a picnic blanket with this lovely, beautiful woman and her old, but very cute little dog. She was having a conversation, of which only she understood, and I just said to the lady "nod and smile! That's what we do!" She laughed and continued to have a play with Tara and Mika and Jake.

Soon, her boyfriend came over (while I went and won Tara a DVD - Tara was still in eyeline), and Tara started fawning over him. Adopted him as a friend too. It was not until I brought the DVD back that I discovered who Tara's new Friends actually were. Stevie Jacobs and his beautiful girlfriend. Mika and Tara were all over the two of them. Tara bestowing the ultimate form of friendship - throwing dried grass all over the two of them.

It was so funny to watch, and when we went to leave, the high fives were flowing. It was so funny to see Tara just warm to these strangers... she felt so at home with them. Just shows how great Stevie is with kids after all the work he does with them...

So there you go... minor celebs wrapped around Tara's fingers... :)

No comments: