Sunday, May 04, 2008

Hair.... wonderful hair....

I was inspired on Friday to dye my hair. Tara's carer had dyed their hair and had a chop, and I felt all inspired to at least dye my hair.

I went to the supermarket, found some dye and decided on the colour. Dark Medium Brown. Not reddish brown. Not copper. Not purple. Just plain simple brown.

I get home, mix the packet apply to my head. Then I decide to clean up and I noticed the box. It did not say brown. It did not say red. It did not even say purple.

It said "Thailand Ebony"

I meant to get "Brazil Brown"

My hair was in the process (by this time it had been on 20 mins) of turning BLACK!!!

So anyway. Now I have black hair. very black hair. It really pays to check the box immediately before applying dye.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OH NO :-O
I did that once, but ended up with HOT PINK hair! I had blonde foils that were growing out rapidly, so thought I'd go a burgandy/red colour. Got the WRONG one, and ended up HOT PINK!
I walked down to the chemist with a hat on & Connor in toe (that's how long it was) got another colour, came home & ended up chocolate brown ;)
At least Hot Pink was easier to change...blacks a hard one! Any pics??? :)

Leah said...

Ah you've made me smile :) How does it look? Was it a lucky mistake, or are you counting down the washes?

Mr B said...

Uh oh ! :-)

Jayne said...

heheh on no! I bet it looks great though-would love to see a pic :)

Amanda O. said...

Oh dear... your jaw must have hit the floor when you read the box! I'd also love to see a pic, reckon you'd look stylish/arty in black hair.