Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Want to make a quick quid?

I was approached on the street tonight by a man. Scared the shit out of me.

I get out of the car and hear "Just try me... I'll put one in ya!" and I gulp. I am walking to the house from my car when I hear that. I then think, have I locked the car properly? Walking a back the guy goes

Scary Man "Hey love... love... want to make some money"
Me: "No thanks" Lock car (it was already locked)
SM: "I'll give you $400"
Me: "No thanks" (holding keys pointy end out ready to stab and scream)
SM: "I'll give you $400 is you can get me the f**k out of here...!"
Me: "Sorry..." (Fast pace to house and hastily open door and close door after watching him start knocking the door of the house he came from)

My heart was beating. Ally told me I should call the cops, and yes, I did want to. At the same time, this guy just saw me get out of my car and go to my house. What if he was to come to the house tomorrow when it is just Tara and me, after the cops have picked him up...?!

Tell you what. Redfern area can be scary sometimes.

3 comments:

Mr B said...

Oh wow ((Hugs))

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Yeah, that is the downside to the Inner West with so many people it puts crazy and scarey closer than you think :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)