Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Leotards and Black Belts

I have been searching for a ballet class for Tara for about 18 months now. One thing or another has usually held me back. The most recent being Ally not liking the place that I like the most. Well today I was introduced to another ballet school and we have been invited to come and see it tomorrow.

We just happened to meet up with Tara's old best friend from Preschool (who changed preschools) today and she was off to Ballet. I asked her dad where she went and he told us. So I have cruised their website and it seems to fit in quite well with what I like about ballet schools (and what I don't like too!)

So we might go off and do that tomorrow afternoon and see how she goes. It's a bit exciting though, to have worked it out a little closer.

Talking about classes, I also would love her to do a martial arts class at some stage, and the logical one for us is for it to be Tae Kwon Do, after all, it's kinda in the family! well, after weeks of searching, I finally found one that I think we can do when she is older, so around August we'll see how she is mentally/physically/emotionally/etc and see whether she is old enough to start. While the classes are not designed until 5 year olds, she's been invited to come along a bit sooner to get used to the class (if she likes it and fits into the group), and so she can be settled into the class before she starts school (and has new things going on there). I think the stability of having classes as part of her ritual before school is a good way to make some transitions. but we will see.

Oh... Tara and I are both suffering from sunburn. foolishly I did not think about sunscreen outside yesterday after I was in a weird mental place. I just was not thinking. Well, tara's poor beautiful white skin paid the price for my absent mindedness. Granted, so did my skin, but her's is the one I worry about more. Though, strangely enough, even after all the sunscreen again today, we still both managed to get kissed again by the UV rays!

and OMG. Wow. another post, can you believe it?!

No comments: