Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm a little petunia in an onion patch...

I am sobbing. Well, almost.

Got my first flower quote today for the wedding and it is significantly more expensive than I had thought. When I was interested in only Singapore Orchids, the quote was "Around $100" for a cascading bouquet.

Well I changed my mind, and decided I liked other flowers - as I posted earlier on. The new and improved quote - $220. Ok, I don't begrudge the florist for charging this, and I know that flowers cost a lot, but that's fairly excessive for Hamilton standards! Maybe Hamilton has moved up in the world.

$45 each for the bridesmaids.

$10 each for buttonholes for the boys

$15 each for mother's bouquets.

Total cost is $440 inc GST.

Maybe I have to rethink completely what I want.

Maybe a posie instead of a cascade...?

I am looking at artificial for the boys... am looking at other options for the girls.. it's just depressing.

No comments: