Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's like talking to a bloomin' brick wall

Talking to the other half that is. For at least two weeks I have been asking for photos to be uploaded to the server so I can access them. He insist on doing it his way, but refuses to do it when I ask. I have people waiting on photos from me - but noooooo he can't be bothered... He just nods his head when I ask... If only I was not so spastic - I'd set it up on my computer, but he has the cords and I'll be loath to pull anything out of his computer for fear of crashing the thing...

The other half of this is I asked him specifically to send me Tara's birth story from the computer. I started it in hospital, but caring for a newborn made it hard for me to finish it. It's now been six months and I wanted to upload it for people to read on her 6 months post birth day... well that's been and gone... thanks honey!

Contrary to popular belief, I do not like the sound of my own voice.

I've been feeling very "nowhere" recently. Not part of anything particular. There is my mothers group, but I feel so out of it at times because I am so different to many of them. But there is no one really around here that I feel really comfortable with.

I am missing my family, missing old friends, missing going through life with people like minded as me. Friends having babies all in Victoria and I am not part of that any more. No one around here who is the same age/same wavelength... I feel very isolated at times. I read often of the Melbourne AP group.. of the Gold Coast AP group... and although there is the Sydney AP group I have not been able to go there much recently due to working when they meet. I want to go back to the ABA meetings but I STILL have not been given a timetable for the inner west group...

Sometimes being a mum can be such a lonely event...

Even those who I sometimes feel close to online - things happen and that distance creeps in again... *sigh*


now to try and get an itti bitti

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey! BIG HUGS!!!! Hang in there...the down times pass...and look at that beautiful little girl you have growing up before your very eyes!

Mr B said...

Big hugs

Is campbelltown too far for you? We have a lovely little AP playgroup, just 3 mums and a dad. Your welcome anytime !

Anonymous said...

I totally understand, its so hard when you don't have someone you click with around.
((hugs))

Andrew said...

hey at least we can keep in touch through the wonders of technology. thanks for you're lovely post about our daughter. we will keep you in our prayers